Feldenkrais can help athletes of all kinds (runners, swimmers, golfers, skiers, climbers) to improve performance by increasing efficient and skilful body-use, preventing repetitive strain injuries, and promoting optimal bio-mechanical functioning.
Feldenkrais classes and Individual lessons help each individual to develop new and improved neuro-muscular pathways that allow powerfully co-ordinated action throughout the whole body. Attention is paid to improving specific aspects relating to performance such as:
- Improving co-ordination and balance.
- Refining precision, timing, weight-shift.
- Increasing efficient body use by developing clear skeletal support pathways, and eliminating counter-productive muscular activity.
- Improving core co-ordination for power and control, and ease of directional changes.
- Learning self-care and injury prevention skills.
Feldenkrais is widely used by actors, dancers and musicians to refine quality of performance, and help with self-care & injury prevention. A wide variety of lessons are also available to address specific areas of interest such as improving breath & vocal power, refined dexterity, and developing supportive, adaptable and responsive body-use.