Reduce Stress & Tension
Feldenkrais Method provides useful resources for managing anxiety and chronic tension, and can help each individual to progressively recognise and reduce habitual muscular activity that maintains these states.
Feldenkrais Classes and Individual lessons use practical self-awareness skills, directed attention, and precise, specific movements to adjust habitual patterns and restore the nervous system to a more balanced state.
Each lesson helps you learn how to:
- Listen to your body while moving and resting, so you can sense the earliest warning signals of strain, and adjust accordingly.
- Feel safer in your body – by accessing a clear sense of internal and external support, and ability to adapt in each moment.
- Restore ease of breathing, and use the sensation of breath as a guide and measure for ease of movement.
- Release excessive tension in specific areas of the body to support optimal parasympathetic / sympathetic nervous system balance.
- Develop simple, effective self-care resources.
- Improve how you work with yourself by increasing skill, rather than will-power.
Loosening the Grip
5 ways Feldenkrais Supports Mental Health