Reduce Stress & Tension
Feldenkrais provides effective resources for addressing anxiety and chronic tension, and helps each individual to progressively recognise and eliminate unconscious patterns of muscular activity that may be maintaining these states.
Feldenkrais Classes and Individual lessons use practical self-awareness skills, directed attention, and slow, gentle, specific movements, that enable each individual to adjust these habitual patterns and restore the nervous system (parasympathetic/sympathetic) to a more optimal, balanced state.
Each lesson helps you learn how to:
- Listen to your body while moving and resting, so that you can sense the earliest warning signals of strain, and intervene before this progresses to pain.
- Feel safer in your body while resting and moving, access internal and external supports (skeletal structure; ground/bed/chair).
- Restore ease of breathing, and use the sensation of breathing as a guide and measure for ease of movement.
- Release excessive tension in specific areas of the body to support parasympathetic / sympathetic nervous system balance and functioning.
- Develop simple, effective self-care resources, and improve how you work with yourself by increasing skill, rather than will-power.