Posture & Back Pain
The Feldenkrais Method provides a unique and effective approach for preventing back pain, improving posture, and maintaining healthy bio-mechanical functioning.
Lessons can also assist with recovery following injuries or operations (hip joint replacement etc.), and help you to get the most out of exercise or physical rehabilitation programmes.
Instead of using muscle strengthening/stretching exercises to bring about change, Feldenkrais uses sensory-motor learning and practical awareness skills to re-organise the brain’s habitual patterns of neuro-muscular activity.
Working with the brain’s inherent ability to change and adapt with experience (neuro-plasticity), each individual can learn to recognise and adjust unconscious, counter-productive patterns of muscular activity that lead to unnecessary limitation or strain.
- Improved flexibility and balanced muscle tone throughout the whole body.
- Improved co-ordination and balance, greater body confidence.
- Finding internal support from your skeletal structure.
- Self-care strategies for injury prevention, and moving without discomfort.
- Improved ease of posture and breathing.
- Increased power from core connections (pelvis and trunk)